Chapter 5 - AN UNEXPECTED OFFER

Cindy was left alone in the park. It was dark and getting late and she felt scared. She couldn't understand what had happened and didn't know how to help me. The only  thing she could do was to talk to Dr Brent. She decided to go to his office, but she arrived at an inconvenient moment, just when he was leaving with Sharon. Cindy couln't believe her eyes: her own aunt and her father's friend were holding hands and getting into his car. She was helpless and confused. She could only hope I wouldn't be in danger.

In the meantime, I had been taken to a derelict house on the outskirts of the city. When I came round, I found myself in a cellar where my captors showed me some photographs of me. I took a close look at them. To my horror, in one of the photos, I was in Mr Taylor's study, standing by his desk and forcing the top drawer open. Another picture showed me stealing something from it.

I swear it wasn't me. They were fake photographs used for damaging my reputation. I didn't know what reasons these men actually had, but this time I was really in great trouble.  

No comments :

Post a Comment